cause: AtiPcie service start type
From -- http://community.landesk.com/support/thread/15952
First check to see if your machines even have this installed:
1. Open regedit
3. See if the "AtiPcie" key exists
4. If it does, see if the "Start" value under that key == 0 (zero means load @ boot)
If that key doesn't exist, my fix won't fix your issue
1. Sysprep your image w/ shutdown
2. Boot off a PE2 or PE3 disc/flash drive or a Vista/Win7 install DVD would work too
3. PE is command prompt by default, for the install DVDs, you'll have to click "Repair your computer" to get to the command prompt
4. Launch regedit
5. The registry you see is the PE registry, so you have to load the SYSTEM hive of your reference machine's registry
6. Highlight either HKLM or HKU and goto File -> Load hive...
7. Navigate to \windows\system32\config on the disk that's your reference PC's Windows partition (mine showed up as D: in PE) and select SYSTEM as the file to load
8. Give the loaded hive a name...I used "temp"
9. Navigate to temp\ControlSet001\services\AtiPcie and set Start to 0 (sysprep had flipped this to 3)
10. Highlight temp and unload hive
12. Capture your image
13. Deploy with no more BSOD!
All the random crap I spend all day long figuring out.
1 post • Page 1 of 1